rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Not so Little Bear

Little Bear, who is not so small anymore, but not all that Big either has been having a rough time in school. Much of it is social, as it has always been, but up until recently he has been able to progress academically despite the frustrating social aspects. I am noticing more and more that his behavior toward schoolwork is turning negative. He has begun to bring up his desire to be homeschooled more and more again.

I have explained to him that he needs to show me a level of respect in regards to homework, that has not been present as of late, before I am willing to seriously consider it.

Part of me wants to bring him home, today, now, because there is so much about what they do at the school I disagree with. Another part worries my health is not up to it. Though as he gets older this becomes a bit less of an issue (since I can sign him up for online classes, and he can socialize with neighborhood friends without my constant supervision).

This is not a decision I am going to jump into, or make alone. Bear is half of this parenting team, even if he is not the one doing the teaching.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails