rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Friday, June 4, 2010

Time for a change?

The end of the school year is closing in on me. A whole year of public school. A whole grade I did not homeschool. Ya know what? It was not so terrible. Sure it had its positives and negatives, but we will be doing it again next year, so I think the scale leaned to the positives side.

Which today led me to the desks that reside in my living room. Really, it is the desk I bought in this post, and an old Ikea table. There was no way I was dealing with these desks until I was SURE that public school was gonna stick. So the Ikea table is going back to the basement for me to fold laundry on. Which is not as easy as it may sound. Because I like to make piles. As so my kids. All that stuff needs homes. So does Little Bear's laptop. Which still gets used, but not daily for schoolwork anymore, so it can probably live in a happy pile with Indy's and mine.

Next I need to decide what I want to do about the cork board. I mean, a cork board is useful and all for school papers, but do I need it to take up such a prominent place in my living room? It distracts from all the Star Wars Legos, Ginormous TV, and artwork. On the positive side, it distracts from cat hair and all those piles I was talking about earlier. Maybe the kitchen would be better suited to house it. Or the kids room...

All this makes me think though. Should I be changing the name of this blog now that I am no longer homeschooling them? Or does just the fact that I am teaching them about all the rest of life still count?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You will *always* be teaching them something, even if it's not in an academic/classroom environment. :)

Ilene (Kat) Snyder said...

Teaching your children about living life stills qualifies you as a teacher, for sure!

Related Posts with Thumbnails