rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Meets or exceeds expectations

Little Bear brought home a note asking me to come to a meeting to go over his evaluation for OT. Which seemed to mean they had finally completed said evaluations. After showing up to the meeting I was asked if I had any questions about the report. Why yes actually I did - When would I get a copy? They looked confused and told me it should have been sent to me as soon as it was complete, and I assured them it had not been. After finding a copy they went over it with me. Basically, he is holding his own. He of course tried his very hardest for the OT so she did not see ANY of the issues his teacher or I observe on a daily basis *head desk* However the teacher was able to provide her with samples so she at least saw it happened at all.

Long story short? He does not qualify for ANY services. His school work, with the exception of his writing, is exceptional, as is his behavior. They did agree to put a plan in to try addressing some of the writing issues. Different paper, the possibility moving forward of typing work, etc. was discussed.

The teacher, while not thrilled with this, at least they are acknowledging that there is some issues, so moving forward if it gets worse we at least have a basis of comparison. Personally I am not surprised, and will continue to work with him at home. I am so glad we decided to homeschool until he got to this point, but am sad the system is not willing to help him live to his full potential.

If I am able to manage this on our own the so be it. If not, I will go back to private OT. I am really trying to avoid it as it kills what little down time the kid has - OT is an hour away, so that eats up three hours a day easy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails